Target weight or mass property determination | Weight tracking | Weight control | Weight reporting | Holistic lightweighting consulting | Process consulting
WEIGHT FORECASTING METHODOLOGY
OUR PROPRIETARY COST & WEIGHT FORECASTING TECHNIQUES
TGM has developed special techniques to forecast weights and costs in an analytical and methodical manner.
These allow you to perform a transparent analysis of target weights & costs during the early phases of a project.
Thus, weight-saving potentials as well as risks and their potential consequences can be identified and evaluated well in advance.
TGM - WEIGHT FUNNELING CONCEPT
Recognition of convergent parameter areas.
Parametric basis to ensure the consistency of vehicle specifications.
Selection of optimal weight-reduction variants in accordance with fixed vehicle specifications and cost-budget limits.
TARGET WEIGHT SETTING
HITTING THE BULLS-EYE EVERY TIME
TGM's self-developed SmartAct software tool facilitates the management and analysis of weight data for aircraft. Thanks to its transparent reports and outputs, SmartAct reduces the risk of faulty weight-management decisions that can be critical to a project.
It reduces the workload of your weight engineers while allowing you to perform direct cost/weight comparisons in aircraft construction. Additional functions include data management for components and structures.
SUPPLIER-SIDE WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: KEEPING YOUR SUPPLIERS "LEAN AND MEAN"
Calculation of notch shapes without stress peaks.
Simulation of load-adaptive growth by analogy to tree-trunk growth.
Material is accumulated and removed according to the change in load distributions.
Continual optimization until stress levels are uniformly distributed.
WHAT TGM CAN OFFER
Specially developed techniques for supplier-side weight management & control.
Fixing of realistic yet technically optimized weight targets.
Installation and implementation of a weight-tracking/control system for suppliers.
Experience in setting appropriate commercial incentives (bonuses/penalties).
Setting optimal yet realistic weight targets is a multifaceted challenge:
- Clearly defining the intended design, including all key specifications.
- Fixing baseline weights on the basis of existing technological standards.
- Identifying technological improvements that offer potential weight savings.
- Evaluating potential design risks.
- Working within the applicable design deadlines.
- Working within the applicable cost restraints.
- Ensuring reliability.
- Ensuring ease of maintenance.
WORKSHOPS AND TRAININGS
WE WANT TO SHARE OUR KNOW-HOW WITH YOU!
Take advantage of the structured, weight-management & analysis methods specially developed by TGM to assure the efficient optimization of your industrial product’s weight and cost. We offer extensive experience in a wide range of industries, in-depth technical knowledge and effective project management & implementation skills. Our highly qualified engineers and technically savvy consultants offer software training focusing on weight management and related business strategies, including weight optimization, lightweight design and cost analysis.
Our training programs cover the following areas:
- The Weight-Funneling Concept (WFC): a structured method for weight analysis & reduction as well as the optimization of internal and supplier-sourced parts.
- Strategic weight management, including cost & supplier management.
- Assessment and recommendation of new technologies and innovations.
- Structured analysis and administration of weight opportunities and risks.
- Development and implementation of new weight-management processes.
- TGM weight-management methods using the Weight Data and SmartAct software tools.